here What makes is so pain-free?
watch The pre-waxing oil we apply before the wax creates a barrier between the skin and wax. This means the wax is not being pulled with the skin, which is what hurts, it is only gripping to the hair. Think of pulling a hair out of your leg with your fingers, it doesnt really hurt just a little sting. This same theory applies when you remove the wax because you only pull the hair. Our therapists have had training and use products of the highest standard ensuring every aspect of the experience is as pain free as possible.
Hot wax shrink wraps around the hair as it dries, this enables the hair to be removed from the root, therefore not breaking the hair and leaving very smooth skin, with the longest possible re-growth period.
- Hygiene – leaves a cleaner finish especially when the weather is hot as body odour is reduced due to the lack of hair in that area.
- Less skin irritation – shaving and depilatory creams can leave a rash on the treated area.
- Longer lasting – as the hairs are removed from the root, you should only need to rebook every 4 – 6 weeks. Making it less painful as well as more time and cost effective.
- Pregnant Clients – Hot wax is completly safe throughout pregnancy.
Brazilian – when the hair is removed from the pubic and anal area leaving a strip of hair approx 2.5cm (1 inch) wide up over the pubic mound, this shape can be changed to suit your preference. All the hair is removed from the labia.
Hollywood – when all the hair is removed from the pubic mound, labia and anal area.
- Skin Disorders / diseases.
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Allergies to any product being used during treatment.
- High Vitamin A Medication (Roaccutane, Retin A) – You much have finished oral medication for 6 months before treatment.
- Diabetes – medically controlled. GP’s approval is needed.
- Wear loose cotton clothing.
- Apply afterwax lotion or suitable homecare products to soothe the area e.d Aloe Vera Gel
- Exfoliate the area 4 -7 days after treatment to help prevent ingrown hairs.
- If ingrown hairs are a problem for you then Lycon Ingrown-X-It is a must have homecare product.
- Do not apply perfumed products to the area for 12-24 hours.
- Do not apply deodorant for 12-24 hours.
- Do not have a hot bath or shower for 12-24 hours.
- Do not use a sun bed or sunbathe for 12-24 hours
- Avoid swimming and other exercise for 12-24 hours.
- Avoid touching the area excessively.